Railroad Forums 

• Transit Starts 2020

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1532790  by Jeff Smith

https://www.thetransportpolitic.com/202 ... -for-2020/
20 new transit lines will open in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico in 2020.

These new transit lines won’t be adequate alone to counter the large-scale investment in highway construction that dominates most metropolitan regions. But they will significantly improve public transportation for thousands of riders in many large cities.

There’s also a lot more on the way. About 60 more major transit projects will be under construction in 2020 and are expected to open by 2026. Some cities, like Montréal and Seattle, will essentially double the size of their urban rail systems during that time.

This compilation of new transit projects is based on The Transport Politic’s transit database, Transit Explorer 2. This database is frequently updated and provides information about existing, under construction, proposed, and cancelled fixed-route transit throughout North America.
Attachments:
US-Map-2020-Transit.png
US-Map-2020-Transit.png (318.91 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
 #1532919  by Pensyfan19

Sounds good but some of these projects are not for rail and could be debated for funding. Even if they are, these projects only propose one line with a few stations since that is all the budget calls for. I could go on about how private companies running these rail projects would be a more stable idea, but I already went on about that in a now locked topic.
 #1533095  by mtuandrew

Pensyfan19 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:10 pm Sounds good but some of these projects are not for rail and could be debated for funding. Even if they are, these projects only propose one line with a few stations since that is all the budget calls for. I could go on about how private companies running these rail projects would be a more stable idea, but I already went on about that in a now locked topic.
Yep, we don’t have to dwell on the BRT projects but it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the competition :wink: