Railroad Forums 

• Trains Magazine for Sale - Connecticut

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1331915  by bwparker1

joshuahouse wrote:Surely it's still sold at Barnes and Noble or for that matter Stop and Shop.
It is not available at the West Hartford Barnes and Noble, but someone suggested Time Machine Hobby in Manchester, CT so I will be checking there this week.
 #1331919  by NaugyRR

I've seen TRAINS and Classic Trains at the Barnes & Noble at the Shoppes at Farmington Valley on 44 in Canton
 #1332414  by Cosmo

Tower35 wrote:Why not just get a subscription? You might receive it earlier than the retail outlets and also save some money.
If you're like me, you don't necessarily want or need every single issue. The only subscription I still carry is GR, and not every issue has something all that useful. I enjoy the convenience of being able to flip through an issue beforehand before committing to $5 or $6 to purchase it.
...but that's just me. :wink:
 #1332416  by bwparker1

Cosmo wrote:
Tower35 wrote:Why not just get a subscription? You might receive it earlier than the retail outlets and also save some money.
If you're like me, you don't necessarily want or need every single issue. The only subscription I still carry is GR, and not every issue has something all that useful. I enjoy the convenience of being able to flip through an issue beforehand before committing to $5 or $6 to purchase it.
What is GR?

I picked up a copy today at Time Machine Hobby, as well as a copy of Railpace. Time Machine is a great store, I had been there before but it just didn't register in my mind. They have other, very boutique railfan type magazines as well. Worth a stop for any railfan, even if you not into the modeling aspect.
 #1332417  by bwparker1

Plate C wrote:Trains has definitely been for sale at B&N near Westfarms and still is last I looked. It's just tucked away with the transportation mags.
FWIW, I was referring to the Barnes and Noble in Blue Back Square in West Hartford, not the one out by the mall. Thanks for the tip on the one by the mall though.
 #1332453  by Cosmo

bwparker1 wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
What is GR?

I picked up a copy today at Time Machine Hobby, as well as a copy of Railpace. Time Machine is a great store, I had been there before but it just didn't register in my mind. They have other, very boutique railfan type magazines as well. Worth a stop for any railfan, even if you not into the modeling aspect.
OF COURSE!~! Why didn't I think of Time Machine Hobbies? They'll have about everything there.
Oh, and GR=Garden Railways. I also pick up MR and Trains at Walmart...sometimes.
 #1332496  by Tower35

Okay, I can understand the logic of picking up a magazine and after checking it out, decide to buy. When I travel through Palmer, MA I too like to check out the nice selection at Palmer Hobbies and chat with the owner. I guess that's called supporting the local railroad hobby shop which is a good thing.