Railroad Forums 

• Train Symbols

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#204701  by rushhour

I was wondering what the PRSL frieght symbols mean. I'll list them here but what did they stand for?

WY-846
CA-300
CM-90 <----Is this a Cape May train???
WY-50

-John

#205606  by Steam man

While it don't explain the meaning of the symbols,here's a list of PRSL southbound frieght trains as of 17 Jan 1958.
http://prrfreight.trainstuffllc.com/PHI ... STRICT.htm

"CM" does denote Cape May trains, "CA" were Camden to Atlantic City trains, the "WY" I'm not sure of, but it when I was working on the Seashore Lines someone said it meant "West Yard". It could be wrong,but maybe it was an older or another name for Pavonia at one time.

#242955  by JimBoylan

In Employees' Timetable 10, 4/28/46:
WY trains seen to run on the West jerseY & seashore, CB trains on the Camden & Burlington county. WY-390 & WY-391 may be old designations, as they run over 3 railroads between Cape May and Cold Spring Harbor! CA trains don't indicate which line they use (Camden & Atlantic or Atlantic City rail road) between Pavonia and Winslow Jct.
In Employees' Timetables 7-D, 8, and 10, 10/29/61, 4/28/63, and 4/25/65:
WY 390 & WY 391 now run over the CM between Tuckahoe and Cape May, serving Wildwood Mon-Wed-Fri and Woodbine, which is on the WY, Tues-Thurs. Pavonia to Ocean City (or later Tuckahoe) is now served by OC-90 & OC-91. CA-299 and CA-300 run between Pavonia and Williamstown Jct., but that's on an Atlantic City RR line!