Railroad Forums 

• Track work to begin soon in Browns

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#5103  by wolfboy8171981

Trackwork will be begging soon in Browns yard to add three tracks. Part of the deal worked out with the Nimbys along the Sayreville running track is to build three storage tracks in Browns yard. RJ Corman has brough down some equipment and work should begin in a week or two. I'll keep ya up to speed.
 #5122  by OCtrainguy

I drove by Browns Yard on Saturday and saw two small pieces of MOW equipment near the grade crossing that is east of Browns Yard, not the grade crossing of Bordentown Avenue, but the one down by the hot dog vednor. I forget the name of the road. Glad to hear that the yard is expanding.
 #5232  by nick11a

OCtrainguy wrote:I drove by Browns Yard on Saturday and saw two small pieces of MOW equipment near the grade crossing that is east of Browns Yard, not the grade crossing of Bordentown Avenue, but the one down by the hot dog vednor. I forget the name of the road. Glad to hear that the yard is expanding.
I drove by Browns too Saturday evening going to and coming from that really good Italian Restaurant down the road (I can't remember its name!)

#5436  by transit383

wolf--

Any idea what they're building between the Gillespie Branch and the Browns Yard Office? Also, do you know of any plans to put buildings up on the other side of the Gillespie Branch, as there has been extensive excavation and grading going on there for years now. The view of long trains stored out there will be missed!

I'm not following where exactly the track work is going to be done. Will it be on the north end of Browns (by the new construction, across from the old Sunshine Factory), or the south end (towards Jamesburg)?

#5650  by wolfboy8171981

nobody seems to know exactly what there building only that its a building.

They will be building three new tracks: 1. North side of the Secondary west of the office. 2. North side of the Secondary east of the Gillespie Switch. 3. South side of the Running Tracks east of the pit switch. all three tracks will be about 2,000 feet and double ended. also they will place welded rail on tracks 1-4 in the yard itself.

#5739  by transit383

Will this affect that unprotected grade crossing south of the yard (Water Works Road)? If so, will the crossing be rebuilt with perhaps flashing lights?

Also, are there any plans to fix up the Minteq spur? I hate driving across that grade crossing on Bordentown Avenue, it is in dire need of repair.

#10133  by transit383

Has this work started yet? I haven't been able to get down to Browns lately to check it out.

#14775  by transit383

I noticed today that the Old Matawan Road grade crossing on the Amboy Secondary in East Brunswick is being fitted with gates. Quite an improvement for that crossing. The nearby Emerson Street Crossing has been rebuilt as well, without gates though.