Railroad Forums 

• Track equipmet in everett

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#300912  by boatsmate

Hi All I went by Polverizor today (by Boat) and noticed what appeart to be a tamper sitting on the tracks that run into the cement plant and on toward Polverizor. I also saw a stack of Pannel track near there also.

I also looked for cars being loaded with sludge but I did not see any, how ever I did see a large pike ready to go.

Capt bill

#300992  by CSX Conductor

There is a new customer who is shipping sludge out, seperate from Prowverlizer. :wink:

#301091  by l008com

Wow a new customer? Did someone not send me the memo about hell freezing over ;-)

#301163  by CSX Conductor

This is a new customer for CSXT, not Guilford. :-)

#301186  by roberttosh

I'm almost certain that this is a "one-time" cleanup job, so it's not really a "new" customer in the sense that there will be ongoing shipments. Probably be over within a few months if not sooner.

On a more positive note, Prolerizer has put in a much bigger shredding machine over in Everett and expects to increase rail shipments quite a bit.

#301316  by boatsmate

THis is a one time Deal, they are dredging teh area of contaminated land around Admirals Hill Marina. there is a large pile of sludge already to be loaded in to train cars.