Railroad Forums 

• Toronto Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#239494  by N221UA

Hello all,

I will be in Toronto in about a month and I would like to check out the CP Toronto Yard. I read the Rails in Toronto site and searched the web but found little information about CP's policy toward railfans. Are there any good vantage points for photography? I don't plan to spend a whole day but may be an hour or so.

Thanks

#241039  by Ken V

I have observed the CP McCowan (Toronto) Yard from several public roads which encircle it and some nearby industrial and commercial properties without a problem, but I suspect CP would not take kindly to someone venturing onto their property uninvited. Probably the best photo locations are from the two road overpasses on the north and east sides and near the access road on the west side.