Railroad Forums 

• Toledo Area Railfans

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#105890  by railohio

I'm looking for a head count of Toledo-area 'fans on this forum. Speak up and be heard! :D

-B

#105939  by matt

Westgate, UT area (cp292 between 4 and 5 each weekday).

#105963  by WNYRailfan

Hi -

I'm a Toledo railfan. I tend to float around the city until I find action.

#106047  by nycrick

I'm from Toledo (near the Rec Cntr). I usually check-out places off the beaten path like NS line out to Maumee, the yard behind Mejiers, etc... Another favorite spot is Hallet Tower. But most of the time I just wander around town.:P

#106231  by mike

Currently a full time student at UT with plans to stay in the Toledo area after graduating in May. Still learning my way around after 4 years of school...

#106291  by railohio

I guess I should've said so earlier, but I'd also like to hear from all the railfans in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.

#106869  by Rabscuttle

South Toledo here.

Don't do as much "railfanning" as I used to. Somehow it isn't as fun to do with the kids, as it was two to four years ago.
 #107021  by MSchwiebert

Perrysburg OH - a majority of the railfanning is done by looking out the window into the back yard. With a young family, "dedicated" railfanning trips are mostly a thing of the past. (The occasional day trip in the region occur about 3-4 times per year).

#107535  by jimnorthwood

I live in Northwood, the far eastern part of the "city" where the corn and soybeans far outnumber the people. Still close enough to Vickers to ride the mountain bike there in the summer, and definitely close enough to hear the constant NS and CSX parade.

#108848  by ToledoTerminalRy

Oregon here, and as the name implies, the CSX terminal tracks run right in my back-yard. Vickers is a mile down the road, so I visit there often.
 #109177  by Redside20

Bellevue ohio, home of the nazis and black locomotives for the last 40 years lol. Home to slow moving trains, frantic railfanning and bellevue tower. home of redside 20, a latter lead and rosies. a place where u can see 100 trains a day

#110352  by O-6-O

Hi all; Could someone take and post a picture of the B&O business car
Silver Creek thats at the Amtrak Station there. This has been purchased
by a member of our local NRHS society and can't get NS to move the car
east for him. Anybody know of a local pol that might be able to help him
get the process started. Contact me by PM on this forum if you want.
THANKS.........

STEAM ON
/--OOO--~-oo--oo-
 #110906  by Owen McGee

I live in Antwerp...actually closer to FWA than to Toledo. I get to Deshler a couple times a year. Most of my RR activities are at hobo gatherings. Got one coming up in Amory MS next month, and I can taste the fried catfish already!

OMcG

#205461  by WNYRailfan

I posted this here because it is specific to Toledo:

What were the reasons behind the demolitions of all of the railroad structures along Cherry St?

There is nothing there now...except the Greenbelt.

I actually talked to one of the people who created the Greenbelt and he said the railroads were tough to get the land from...that leads me to believe it never should have been given up for a seldom used highway.

#211801  by ToledoRailFan

I'm a 5th year UT Engineering Student.. graduating in May. Live in South Toledo - right by MUO. I've made it over to Millard Rd a few times, and want to make it down to Fostoria soon - from what I have read on the internet it promises to be great.

Regarding the structures downtown - I wonder if it has anything to do with the "beautification" of Toledo that they are working on for the pending 280 crossover opening?

~D.J.~