Railroad Forums 

• Toledo Angola and Western

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#501771  by VITO

Info on the TAW would be welcome i am really interested in any pics? Thank You

#501906  by nycrick

There are pictures of the TA&W's Alco S-1 at www.angelfire.com/oh5/toledorailfan. scroll to the bottom of the page. A picture of their last steam loco (a 2-8-0) can be found at a web site that lists all active & static display locos in the US. Unfortunately I don't know the exact address but I'm sure you can find it by running a search for "steam locomotives". Its on display in front of the transportation center in Huntington or Charleston, WV "disgusied" as a B&O unit!
Just running a search for Toledo, Angola & Western Railway should turn up a lot of pictures. Also try the UT library site.

#501973  by VITO

Thanx Rick I will give it a try.

#502963  by nycrick

I just found a good article and pictures of the TA&W on www.michiganrailroads.com (right RR, wrong state!) They're pictures taken in 1978 just before the RR shut down.