Railroad Forums 

• time line in the METRO NORTH RR hiring process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#23412  by charles

I took a test for a job with the metro north railroad in march and they sent me some papers saying I passed the test and papers to be filled out by a doctor for a physical by my doctor but it says do not have a doctor fill out the papers until they notify me with an interview date. Does anyone know how long this will take between this and getting notified? It has been a while and I do not know anyone who works for the METRO NORTH RR I can ask. Thanks, Charlie

#23624  by DutchRailnut

as soon as they can place you in a class. A person I knew got that letter in early December and only gt called in April for the May conductor clas.

#23787  by charles

the test I took was a different job title than conductor. Do all job titles have to enter a CLASS? thanks, Charlie

#23898  by DutchRailnut

yes before being put to work your first getting safety classes etc. in crafts you get classes to instruct you on your duty.

#24034  by charles

Those safety classes are a good idea for a job that can be dangerous. So if I took the test in march it could take some more time? I was amazed when I went to the 7th floor of GCT to take the test. GCT is so much nicer than penn. I have been through penn many times but had not been to GCT in years and was amazed at how nice it is.