Railroad Forums 

• The DM&E & the Powder River.

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#225702  by Engineer James

So are they up and running? it would be nice to see some other competition for UP and BNSF in the region, especially by a (I guess you could call it), short line.

#225718  by jg greenwood

Engineer James wrote:So are they up and running? it would be nice to see some other competition for UP and BNSF in the region, especially by a (I guess you could call it), short line.
I'm not sure they're up and running as yet James.

#227164  by Sir Ray

jg greenwood wrote:
Engineer James wrote:So are they up and running? it would be nice to see some other competition for UP and BNSF in the region, especially by a (I guess you could call it), short line.
I'm not sure they're up and running as yet James.
It's gonna take a while, as the loan was very contraversial. Interesting when they finally get the funding, construction should move pretty quickly (especially considering the problems suffered by BN/UP last year, when the shared trackage into the Basin got messed up by mud and derailments).
It's only in the tri-state NY area where 6 month rail projects take 6 years...