Railroad Forums 

• The Day After 4/1/76 Sayre - Pittston - Wilkes-Barre

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#93803  by Andyt293

The similar topic about the day after 4/1/76 West of Sayre has had such a great response that I thought I would prompt some memories along the same lines but in a different geographic area.

As I was only 9 when the LV ceased to exist, I didn't get to really explore Coxton, Ashley (ex-CNJ, I know, but the Valley did service it after 1974), Laurel Run and similar areas until 1985 when I finally had my own car.

I remember the Valley switching cars at the old Acme warehouse in Forty Fort. And as a teenager I attended several drinking parties on the West Side Connector bridge that carried a spur from the West Pittston Branch of the Valley over the Bloom branch of the E-L!

So, any memories you could provide for myself and others would be appreciated

#107657  by jmp883

Between Coxton and Sayre there was one major consignee, in Mehoopany,....Charmin Paper. A lot of traffic going each way. What I don't remember is whether the plant was served from Croxton or from Sayre.

Joe P :-D