Railroad Forums 

• Texture File

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#725797  by Sid Farkus

When I go to click on this one engine in my consist editor to use, it says failed to create texture file. How do I fix this? Thanks
Last edited by Sid Farkus on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #729444  by Montrealrail

When you get the prompt message,that say could not initiate texture XXXX.ace

with the texture name and the engine name,I can made a search to find it.
sometime,just look on the read-me file,it's may be writtn there,cause some engine need to copy a texture file from a default engine,that usually indicated in the read me file..

Usualy in the consist editor,when a texture file is missing,this message appear,to prevent you to get the surprise while trying to use the consist.
 #729587  by Sid Farkus

I read through the readme and did what was told, and same results. When I click on the engine it reads Failed to open texture file Trains\Trainset\WNYP ALCO630\C-424C.ace
Last edited by Sid Farkus on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #731448  by Montrealrail

I did some search And I fund this one

But nothing to do,I tried some many things and nothing to do..

But I fund on http://www.train-sin.com
tree engines the could be great for replacing the one you have trouble with it..

search for these files.
wnyp3644.zip _______ MSTS WNYP C636 3664 is a 6-axle locomotive rated at 3600 hp

wnyp431.zip ________ MSTS Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad C430 #431

wnyp432.zip ________MSTS Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad C430 #432
Last edited by Montrealrail on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #731451  by Sid Farkus

The one you posted the picture of is the one I am having trouble with. Have you tried downloading it? I have no idea what is wrong with the file.
 #732162  by Montrealrail

I downloaded it,but the file name is a misfile..

I tryed to fix it,but that became wrost than before..
The name of the file have a "slahs" on it ( \ ) and with that thing,you can't rename a file by including that caracter.. Window refuse it by a prompted message...

And By route tire,it's the same,even by trying to open it on a consist editor..

The best thing is to use some other stuff...
 #732499  by Sid Farkus

Thank you for your help. So it really can't be fixed, by somone else other than the author?