Railroad Forums 

• Texas Eagle and Capitol Limited to Run Through

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1594215  by John_Perkowski

At Christmas 2001, I was on a SW Chief that had run through as a Capitol Limited. They didn’t empty the toilet holding tanks in Chicago. There wasn’t a working restroom on the train Christmas Day evening. This was the beginning of my love loss for Amtrak.

Link: Equipment run-through a factor in return of Texas Eagle-Capitol Limited daily service: Analysis by Bob Johnston

Brief, fair use quote:
There won’t be enough time to move the train to the Chicago maintenance facility, which in any case has been plagued by late departures for reasons that Amtrak has repeatedly declined to specify. “No-service” departure days on the five per-week schedule eliminate two long-distance train starts every day, and this change takes out up to two more.
 #1594238  by Pensyfan19

Could this theoretically allow for direct DC to San Antonio/LA service by staying on the same cars?
 #1594245  by eolesen

Only if the train is renumbered as a thru. Otherwise you'll be kicked off for cleaning.

Delays will be epic.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1594271  by STrRedWolf

Pensyfan19 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:43 am Could this theoretically allow for direct DC to San Antonio/LA service by staying on the same cars?
Looks at the pre-Katrina Sunset Limited.

Uh, no. Delays will be epic. Force a train transfer.