Railroad Forums 

• Texarkana, AR Station

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1621359  by Jeff Smith

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/2 ... n-station/
Cities come to table for Union Station revitalization
The historic station, which closed permanently in the late 1990s, appears past its glory days, but both cities are taking a interest in reviving it.

As recently as last month, the Arkansas-side city Board of Directors agreed in a 4-2 vote to green-light a $200,000 contribution to help the city of Texarkana, Texas, buy the vintage train station that straddles the state line.

The idea is to have a joint redevelopment project.

In early April, both cities and Amtrak signed a good-faith agreement regarding the station's possible redevelopment.

Amtrak's plans also include potentially applying for state and federal historic grant funds.
 #1642312  by west point

RandallW wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:39 pm
west point wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:03 pm Is it true that Amtrak no longer is stopping at Texarkana?
No it is not true.
Then explain why Amtrak reservations show all trains for next few days sold out?
 #1642316  by RandallW

west point wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:33 am
RandallW wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:39 pm
west point wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:03 pm Is it true that Amtrak no longer is stopping at Texarkana?
No it is not true.
Then explain why Amtrak reservations show all trains for next few days sold out?
I don't know. All I know is that I can book a ticket there for May 14th (a random date about a month into the future as of April 15th) on the Texas Eagle.
 #1642378  by STrRedWolf

west point wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:33 am Then explain why Amtrak reservations show all trains for next few days sold out?
Possible conventions? Major game series? Remember, the Pennsylvanian sells out around the July 4th holiday weekend because of a convention that gathers 15,000+ people in one place. I won't be surprised if the Capitol Limited also sells out at Pittsburgh.