Railroad Forums 

• Suspect pleads not Guilty in Metro Link Deaths from 1/26/05

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#99254  by SRS125

I was pageing about in yesterdays (2/16/05) Post Stadered paper and thought that I would post this.

Suspect pleads not guilty to causing train deaths.

The man accused of causing a deadly train wreck during an aborted scicide attempt lat month pleaded not guilty in Los Angeles Tuesday to 11 counts on merder that could bring the death penalty.

Juan Manuel Alvares, 25 parked an SUV on the tracks Jan. 26 but lost his nerve and jumped out in time to see two commuter trains crash in suburban Glendale, athorities seaid.

Investigators seaid he stabbed himself abd slashed his wrists after the crash, but no injuries could be seen in court Tuesday.

#99312  by CRail

I dont see how he could plead not guilty. at least he didnt plead insanity because then he'd get off for sure!

He should not die in my opinion, he should live and suffer the consequences of killing 11 people with the purpose of trying to get attention.