Railroad Forums 

• Surviving equipment

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#149590  by p&w3901

Don't forget the 2 B&M cabooses parked on the side of Route 5 in Deerfield, MA, just south of the E. Deerfield yard

#149676  by jscola30

are the RDCs used by the Wilton Scenic RR ex B&M or are they a different vintage?

#149684  by MEC407

jscola30 wrote:are the RDCs used by the Wilton Scenic RR ex B&M or are they a different vintage?
I believe those are ex-BCRail.

#149686  by jscola30

aha
 #149749  by H.F.Malone

B&M Alco RS-3 1508 arrived in New Haven, CT on Thursday 7/21/05. It should be moved up to RMNE in the next few days.

And, in the totals of B&M stuff at RMNE, I overlooked the two B&M milk cars, #1910 and #1920-- one two-door and one four-door. The two-door car is restored and displayed at Thomaston.

#149793  by mb41

Interesting to see all the B&M stuff scartered around, glad there is still so much surviving.

I also just realized a rubber tired B&M bus exists right at the museum I belong to, how did I overlook that one.

1949 GMC intercity bus.

#149887  by TomNelligan

Speaking of B&M milk cars, don't forget that the rusted remains of one can still be found spotted near the Waltham freight station (now owned by a private business), at the throat of the old public delivery yard just east of the station and on the south side of the active tracks. It's been there for decades.

#150140  by b&m 1566

Doesn't the Conway Scenic use a few ex-B&M coaches?
 #150150  by H.F.Malone

The steel cars used are CNJ and DL&W.

#150685  by Lincoln78

There is a B&M boxcar at the CT Trolley museum in East Windsor. It can be seen from 140.

Still blue, though it is getting rusty.

#150890  by mb41

I fogot about the 10 wooden box cars seashore has, hmmm... wonder how many of those are B & M.

#151456  by NellsChoo

Two B&M boxcars at West Cambridge, B&M caboose at Greenfield, and a few bits next to the old station in Littleton MA (some being repainted)

#151565  by b&m 1566

What about the old box car sitting in Concord, NH. I have been told that it was an ex-B&M but have also been told that its and ex-D&H box car. In any event it now belongs to NEGS and is used for storage. Don't forget about the box car sitting across the tracks from Blue Seal in Bow. I never really checked but that may be one also, though it is more of a tan color than the B&M blue. Does anyone know of these cars?
click on the link, this is the box car in Concord.
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... d_Southern

#164814  by Lincoln78

Saw a B & M caboose on the track/siding while driving through Lakeport (Laconia) last weekend.

Didn't notice any rust, though I was neither close nor able to stop. Might have escaped from Meredith.

#164837  by Ejen34

Long live the Alcos.... ooops :)

I know... :P