• Stourbridge Railroad (Honesdale-Lackawaxen) and Proposals

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by grumpyoldman

As of 3:30 PM today AFRX 22 and coaches AFRX 291 and AFRX 2015 are sitting in Lackawaxen pointing West.

John

by northjerseybuff

So was the washout fixed on the line?
Also I heard rumblings about an ethanol plant going in on the line..any truth to it?
  by Matt Johnson

From those photos, it looks like some trackwork has been done recently in Lackawaxen!
  by thebigham

Railpace reports that the washed out bridge is supposed to be back in service by August.
  by blockline4180

thebigham wrote:Railpace reports that the washed out bridge is supposed to be back in service by August.

Nope, NOT happening!! Good thing I never did buy my "Stourbridge Railfan Day" tickets!!

Reports indicate that the new bridge won't be completed until October or November the earliest!
  by Matt Johnson

Why am I not surprised?
  by Sambo

blockline4180 wrote:
thebigham wrote:Railpace reports that the washed out bridge is supposed to be back in service by August.

Nope, NOT happening!! Good thing I never did buy my "Stourbridge Railfan Day" tickets!!

Reports indicate that the new bridge won't be completed until October or November the earliest!

Wrong. Bridge is 70% complete. Will be done early September.

http://www.wayneindependent.com/news/bu ... lmost-done
  by blockline4180

Sambo wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:

Wrong. Bridge is 70% complete. Will be done early September.

http://www.wayneindependent.com/news/bu ... lmost-done

Okay, so i'm wrong about the bridge. However, the Railfan Day excursion was CANCELLED until next year!!
  by cjvrr

One other interesting quote from the article;
The Stourbridge Railroad is no longer in the hands of the Lackawaxen-Honesdale Shippers Association. In May, the Railroad was sold to Paul Brancato, a principal in Ideal Steel Supply Corp. The Shippers Assoc. will continue to support the Railroad in all its endeavors, especially with respect to new rail-related industrial development.
I sure hope the Shippers Assoc. has a rider in the contract that the new owner can not remove the rails if business sours....

An additional note, I was in Lackawaxen on Saturday sight seeing and the recently brought in engine was started for the first time in 8 years. So progress is being made.
  by SecaucusJunction

Is there any news on the proposed ethanol facility that was supposed to be built?
  by NJRAIL1256

ADMIN NOTE: this thread will include current operations, future proposals, historical operation, etc., etc.

I heard from a reliable source that the M&E will be taking over, as operator, of the Stourbridge Line in
PA.
  by NJRAIL1256

I heard from a reliable source the the Morristown & Erie will be taking over, as operator, of the Stourbridge Line.
  by tim5405

yes i have heard that the "sutis and ties" from the Morristown & Erie we in Honesdale Yesterday meeting people and such, and handing out cards , maybe we will get a alco here in honesdale
  by blockline4180

That would be a swift kick in the pants if it were true!!
  by tim5405

well i didnt see it for myslef but i heavent heard anything that would say it wanst true i was surpized when i was told about it yesterday