Railroad Forums 

• stored MU's in milford

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1297665  by NJT4272

All still there, rotting away........ as far as I know. They're only 10 miles from my house.
 #1297681  by BigDell

There are old Mu's in Milford? Sitting on some siding? Sorry, I'm not up that way much so I didn't know this... I'll google the older forum posts.
 #1297745  by Ken W2KB

BigDell wrote:There are old Mu's in Milford? Sitting on some siding? Sorry, I'm not up that way much so I didn't know this... I'll google the older forum posts.
The cars inside the NRG generating station fence belong to URHS. The one outside the fence belongs to the BR&W RR (not the Historic a Trust) I believe.
 #1298058  by scottso699

Ken W2KB wrote:
BigDell wrote:There are old Mu's in Milford? Sitting on some siding? Sorry, I'm not up that way much so I didn't know this... I'll google the older forum posts.
The cars inside the NRG generating station fence belong to URHS. The one outside the fence belongs to the BR&W RR (not the Historic a Trust) I believe.
Oh ok... so these are not accessible to the public. (which may be a good thing I guess! Damn Vandals...)
 #1298211  by RailsEast

The cars are intact, but a small 'hole in the fence' has allowed some 'tagging' of the equipment. It doesn't seem that any parts/pieces have disappeared, but the NRG folks should address that security breach, and not just for the RR equipment stored there.
 #1301144  by PVRX1

The car outside the fence (an exCNJ round roof 1300 series car) belongs to the Green Mountain Railroad as a parts supply several years ago.
The plant is in Holland Township, just above Milford, where generally the only crimes are escaping farm animals and a consistent dv couple.
 #1302591  by blockline4180

The DL&W MU 3541 was probably in the best shape of them all, but i don't how long that will last if it continues to sit/rot in there.

Would probably cost at least $5,000 just to ferry it back to Boonton.