Railroad Forums 

• Stepping Down.

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#618185  by Komachi

28 December, 2008.

For the past five weeks, I have been undergoing tests at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and about three weeks ago, was diagnosed with a rare, but treatable form of Testicular Cancer. As of 26 December, 2008, I have begun Chemotherapy, which my Oncologist thinks has a 90+ percent chance of curing my malignancy and I will NOT require further surgery or radiation.

As such, effective immediately, I am stepping down as moderator of the Western Railfan. I am not incapacitated by my treatments, however, I felt, for a while, that it was soon time that I started scaling back my sphere of influence. My original intent with moderating this forum was to help nurture it to what it has become today. Although, I never expected it would spin off its own separate forum for the Northwestern Railfan. That, at least, shows that there are a few of us West of the Mississippi who participate in the forums, or at least show an interest in the “lines west.”

I am honored to have had the opportunity to moderate these two forums for the past couple years, or so, and will continue to participate in the discussions from time-to-time. I will be willing to help anyone out there in the membership who would like to take over my duties during the time of transition, however, I will NOT remain as a permanent fixture on the moderating staff here. If you are interested in the job, contact Otto in regards to the postion.

I thank you for your participation in this forum, and hope that you show the new moderator the same, if not more, respect that you have shown me during my time as moderator. I also hope that you will continue to conduct yourselves in a civil matter, and that the new “benevolent dictator” will not have to call on his own shadow army of Cossacks to help quell any insurrections.

Respectfully submitted,
- Erik Paulson, a.k.a. “Komachi”
Last edited by Komachi on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Forgot to mark it as an Announcement. Whoops!
 #618215  by Otto Vondrak

Erik-

Thanks for your years of service and best wishes for speedy recovery.

If anyone is interested in assisting with moderator duties, please send me an EMAIL with "WESTERN RAILFAN MODERATOR" in the subject.

-otto-