Railroad Forums 

• Steam Engine

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#161643  by msernak

I just came back from Richmond Hills Ontario where I found a small saddle tank steam engine in the front yard of a building moving company. It was next to a CN line (I believe Falstaf - please correct me if I am wrong). Does anyone know anything about this engine?

#161650  by Ken V

The locomotive you saw is an 0-4-0T built by Montreal Locomotive Works in 1937. The company storing it is Charles Matthews Ltd. of 99 Langstaff Rd. in Thornhill Ontario which also has a few other old railroad pieces on site. As far as I know this loco was only ever used as an industrial switcher.

#161670  by stuart_iowa

i found that locomotive too , years ago if we are talking the same area. windows were boarded over. i asked a long time ago and no one seemed to know about it. I think when i saw it was at a heavy equipment moving company on rails and stuff.
wonder if it is the same locomotive. I have pictures but do not any more information.
i have not been back there since 1995, so my details are shaky.
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/stuart ... /my_photos
you will find a picture of it there. steam locomotive by itself