Railroad Forums 

• Status of 155 105 and L&I

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#225549  by Mr GP10

I thought the 9321 was next for a repaint any Idea which engine will be next for a repaint after the 201 I mean 270?

#225564  by emfinite

271 was idling on the fuel pad in Morris Park as of 0200hrs on 3/17. The four new axles are installed successfully. The plates on the sides of the axles say Progressive Rail Corp, built 2/06 so they are brand new. Only thing is that an amateur must have put the brake shoes on since they are cracked through to the back...

Joe

#225734  by Scrap em Again

Oh great, thanks for the warning Emfinite, seems like I got some "bad ordering" to do tonight :P LOL

#225784  by emfinite

:P Lots of new happenings at Fresh Pond today. Just as I arrived at the Otto Road gates, the crane was pulling in right in front of me. Pretty cool operation. They lifted up the 270, took out the front truck, replaced it with the new one, wyed the engine and did the same thing with the rear truck. I kept snapping pictures of the 270, but my eye was on the female shop mechanic...DAMN!

Joe

#225800  by tahawus84

Well where are the pics of her?

#225866  by emfinite

The 80 crew picked up the 271 in Morris Park tonight making it a 3 engine consist with 261/71/159.

Joe

#227043  by Scrap em Again

101 is back from the dead(line). Back in service as of last night. Had its leaf springs changed out.
Only 155 and 9321 are left to be revived.

#227262  by Mr GP10

Is there any time frame availble regarding the 270 in the "new" paint scheme? I wonder which engine will be next? any one have any idea?

#227982  by Long Island 7285

Let's get the remaining Dead unit's revived and then paint them one at a time. Atleast then there would be no major repairs to worry about.

Any hope in NYA doing a geep in grey and orange with a reworked dan and replaceing "long island" with "New York & Atlantic.

#228078  by bodhisattva

Why paint it grey and orange? Get real dude! The NY&A guys are probably laughing their heads off reading that.

#228246  by Scrap em Again

Yeah for real bro, your ideas are way out there, never will remotely happen...................ever!! LMAO

#229430  by b&p rupture

Ah, then again, if Home Depot suddenly ran a special on grey and orange paint...

#229468  by RRChef

.....or a hobby shop with a huge inventory of Floquil goes out of business...

#229548  by Long Island 7285

I know it's un realistic, Im just posting it to be humorous, I like the new scheme as on 156, when they're ready they can paint them, it's not my RR. I just want to be humorous and creative. If nya woud have considdered it, it would put the LI to shame that the "freight" road is useing their "true" paint scheme. :wink:

If you don't want a laugh oh well, it's not my problem.
End of that discuession.

#231036  by RPM2Night

I gotta admit though, it would be pretty cool for NY&A to repaint one or two of their engines in old LIRR paint jobs. Heck, I've seen lots of photos of the MNRR FL9s painted New Haven...and they even have a couple of P42s painted NH. Also, was it MNRR or NJT that had an FL9 painted New York Central?