• Sprinter ACS-64 Electric Loco: Siemens.

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by fl9m2004

So if it's going 90 to New Haven
It should take about 1-2 hours give or take no trains ahead of it
  by fl9m2004

I'm between New Haven and Stamford
For example if he's going 90 from Sharon to here it should be around 2:30 unless more defects pop up?
  by DutchRailnut

This is how rumors get started, its a test train, they stop for testing and checking things, they are not defects.
  by ACeInTheHole

Oh I completely understand the purpose of test trains ThirdRail I was just rather surprised that the locomotive was released with the feature in the first place. I thought it had been approved or something, good to know its a fluke and will be corrected in short order. Whats the status of the other four completed units? I know 604 is on its way but what about 600, 601 and 603? Where are they and what is being done with them?
  by fl9m2004

I wonder if it's maintain 90 to New Haven it should get there soon?
Unless he's clear of there already and at 70 on Metro North
  by NHAirLine

163 was about 20-25 minutes late out of OSB. He was booking it at Gullford. A maintenance truck came to Guilford and the guy walked out on the 4 track track towards a stopped Northbound Acela on the 2 track and then the Acela proceeded slowly. Something's going on... SLE is now late too, as it was behind the 163.
  by fl9m2004

Okay so somewhere behind the sle is the test train
Thanks leaving now to wait for it
  by NHAirLine

SLE is 17 minutes late and counting. The Eastbound SLE is several minutes late as well and counting.
  by fl9m2004

I wonder if some train pulled wires or if the 163 engine is having issues being how sle is usually on track 3 in guilford there should be no issues with it. Also there should be a bus to old saybrook and return until issues are solved
  by NHAirLine

The Eastbound SLE was 15 minutes late and on 1 track instead of 4 track. They appear to have 2 and 4 tracks now temporarily out of service to at least Guilford Interlocking. They will have to cross it over at Guilford Interlocking to get to the high level at Madison so hopefully the Westbound SLE with the ACS-64 a few blocks behind was held at INT Guilford...
  by NHAirLine

There are also two guys working in the signal shed where 4 Track diverges from 2 Track on the west end of the Guildford siding.
  by NHAirLine

fl9m2004 wrote:I wonder if some train pulled wires or if the 163 engine is having issues being how sle is usually on track 3 in guilford there should be no issues with it. Also there should be a bus to old saybrook and return until issues are solved
Sorry to keep posting the browser on my iPhone is really hard to post with. 163 was hauling through Guilford. There is no 3 track in Guilford, just 1, 2, and 4 (non-electrified).