Railroad Forums 

• Southern Pacific SD70Ms

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#85328  by AmtrakFan

Terry,
I hate to be breear of bad news but the last one in full SP markings has been patched but some are still in SP paint with UP Markins.

John

#85384  by emd_SD_60

:(
At least there are some AC44's that are still in original SP paint and have not been patched.

#85468  by AmtrakFan

emd_SD_60 wrote::(
At least there are some AC44's that are still in original SP paint and have not been patched.
Right thier is as well as Dash 9's.

John

#86036  by emd_SD_60

I must also say the SP paint scheme is easier on the eyes, lmao. :-D

#86262  by emd_SD_60

I have some good news and bad news- While chasing a northbound coal drag on the Mt. Vernon Sub this morning, led by UP 6763 and 7130, on the end pushing was unpatched, non Armour Yellow SP 248! :-D The bad news- unfortunately I could not capture the moment on video, as the battery on my camcorder went south... damn.:(

#86409  by oregontrunkline

At least you had the pleasure of seeing it. Now if we can just download that mental image . . . :-D

#86431  by emd_SD_60

I guess this doesn't count, but back in November I captured a southbound coal drag on the Chester Sub at Johns Spur, with patched SP/UP 6369 (ex SP 323) acting as DPU. Patched to the nines I might add... :(

Kinda unfair, huh?
Oh well, at least there's next time... BTW here's that unit in question...
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... x?id=52126
Last edited by emd_SD_60 on Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#86435  by AmtrakFan

emd_SD_60 wrote:I must also say the SP paint scheme is easier on the eyes, lmao. :-D
Yes it is. I am sorry to hear your batteries died that's happened to me before.

John

#86437  by emd_SD_60

Oh, no problem. I told my mom about it (it's actually her camcorder) and she went online and ordered a new battery. I'll be up and shooting again in no time! :wink:

#86597  by emd_SD_60

It being the Chester Sub, the chances of seeing a patched SD70M are probably pretty big... unfortunately i'm not there enough to see. :(

#87794  by TerryC

Thanks for the good news. keep asking keep learning

#90809  by CNW_4404_Lover

AmtrakFan wrote:
emd_SD_60 wrote::(
Right thier is as well as Dash 9's.

John
There are no Dash 9's left, SP 8192 was the last one and has been gone since 2002 or 2003

#106125  by The S.P. Caboose

Like emd_SD_60 I always enjoyed the scarlet and grey. The tunnel motors as well.

Does anybody here have any pictures of the AC44's in Southern Pacific colors? I would enjoy viewing them.