Railroad Forums 

• Southern Pacific RDC Operation

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#273461  by atlpete

Referring to the Willets to Eureka remnant operating on the NWP, I believe the car was likely wyed at each end.
However San Raphael, or someplace nearby would've had a turntable, though something tells me if that car was regularly on a turntable someone would've got a photo, not sure of date the car was single-ended as a wreck rebuild either as I believe the RDC replaced the conventional "Redwood" in 1959, while the service was cut back from San Raphael to Willits sometime in the sixties.