Railroad Forums 

• SMS and Paulsboro Refining

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1317648  by bluedash2

The sad part is this was their money maker too. They break even on Westville and I can't see Pureland as a big money maker. This will be a big loss for them...
 #1330181  by bluedash2

Per a few trusted sources- it's confirmed Thursday is their last day. SGS takes over Friday. They have had the trio of SW1500's sitting down there- two in view. Two are the PRLX dark blue ones (one ex SP and one ex CR) and a CIT leasing on a CR blue with the white lettering and end stripes.
Last edited by bluedash2 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #1331448  by bluedash2

Yesterday, 5/14, was SMS' last day. The second shift left the plant around 745-8pm and left the 301/300/308 (in that order) on the interchange track so Conrail could take them down back to Pureland on the next local. Today, SGS started up. They are using the 1504 and the 1556 for now. The 1105 was started up Wednesday but still needs more work....
 #1333613  by bluedash2

Glen- that doesn't surprise me. My CR sources told me this SGS is terrible service wise. When they go to drop off cars to the refinery, SMS would always say "we'll be there in 5min". These guys tell CR and hour, sometimes longer. I don't know exactly everything what went on that SMS was given the boot, but it seems like this isn't working out either...I guess we shall see.....
 #1333692  by bluedash2

Meghan wrote:The STB link sometimes goes down for maintenance.

I don't think that the CR crew's convenience is a factor here. They are not a party to the dispute and there simply hasn't been enough time with the new operator in place for their performance to be so bad as to end a multi-year dispute in just a few weeks.

Meghan :-)
Trust me Meghan- you have no idea......😎
Last edited by bluedash2 on Sat May 30, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1333696  by bluedash2

[quote="Meghan"]The STB link sometimes goes down for maintenance.

I don't think that the CR crew's convenience is a factor here. They are not a party to the dispute and there simply hasn't been enough time with the new operator in place for their performance to be so bad as to end a multi-year dispute in just a few weeks.

Meghan :-)[/quote]
Also remember US Rail didn't last too long on the Salem Branch either....
 #1333810  by bluedash2

The Juniata Terminal SW1500 9625 was sent there today via the SB CA-11 this morning. I have no idea what is up with their power situation.
 #1334439  by bluedash2

I interpreted Glen's posting of the filing as something is really up (along with what I've been told). I had no idea about the allegations about SRNJ with the Salem Branch. Is it me or is S Jersey a bad place to do business?
 #1336854  by glennk419

Meghan wrote:Blue, 'GME' isn't Glenn, believe me.
Meghan, although I have never met him, I have a deep respect for your grandfather. The tone of your comment was somewhat less so.
 #1336895  by glennk419

Meghan wrote:Glenn,
All I meant is that you are two very different people :wink:
Meghan
Sorry if I misread that. I do know that we are both gentlemen who love their granddaughters. :-)