Railroad Forums 

• SIRR container traffic to NJ to start this month....

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#381958  by wolfboy8171981

NYSW2300 wrote:April 2nd or Bust
"right on time" for once. Only the garbage traffic has started for now. I think the NYCT still has more people they have to train before they can start their operation. Bayway Yard office has be reopened as a crew signup location, I'm not sure if PR-1 will go back to BY-1. The garbage traffic will be ferried to/from Bayway on PR-52

#382030  by SIRR4207

Here all the info I have about todays historical railroad return to staten island. The job symbol is BY8 engine was CSX 4451 came over the bridge around 930am with empty cars bound for fresh kills transfer station. BY8 finished up and went over the bridge around 125pm head them on the scanner in the clear on south side of bayway.

#382128  by SIRR4207

Driving on 440 tonight I saw the NYC sanitation top loaders loading garbage for tomorrows train. From what I can make out there was about 20 orange containers and I guess 10 cars.

#382150  by northjerseybuff

What channel do they use 160.800?
I guess that explains the orange garbage cars on the Q433 the other day on the riverline

#382199  by grumpyoldman

Are there any decent vantage points in SI for watching/photos?

Thanks,

John

#382210  by SIRR4207

Freq 160.935 NJ South Jersey Dispatcher.

South Ave exit off 440 right next to the self storage facility there is a grade crossing.

#382220  by SecaucusJunction

What sorts of materials will be shipped over this bridge? Just trash or other stuff as well?

#382226  by SIRR4207

right now trash, one day intermodal

#382266  by R-44

how often will trains be running to staten island?

#382270  by SIRR4207

Well that i don't know yet. I thought it will be a m-f job. I know the crew goes on duty at 8am. I didn't hear them on the radio today. I could have missed them. My friend who works at howland hook said nothing went by today.

#382329  by myfavscr

Went down to Bayway yard yesterday afternoon. An Oak Island to
Port Reading train just set out a cut of brand new trash cars.
Here is a shot of what must be BY8 with CSX #4451:

http://waspics.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... ?id=698364
Notice the sign in the pic. I took the pics quickly as I didn't want to draw
suspicion.

Here is a shot of more trash cars:

http://waspics.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... ?id=698363

The flatcars in the pics are marked EPIX(leased?) and the containers are
marked DSEU. But the cars set out by the local looked like spine cars,
were brand new and were orange just like the containers and were
marked DSEX.

#382341  by SIRR4207

First thing first nice shots myfavscr....

I am trying to figure out there schedule since its only the 2nd day of operation. Yesterday the crew went on duty at 8am came over the bridge at 930am and was back in NJ by 130pm. I heard them contact south jersey. Today there was no report of them unless another crew comes at night when shit traffic is at a mininum. Maybe blockline may have some info. Tomorrow is a new day once I know when to expect them I will head over to south ave to take some shots.

#382344  by SIRR4207

First thing first nice shots myfavscr....

I am trying to figure out there schedule since its only the 2nd day of operation. Yesterday the crew went on duty at 8am came over the bridge at 930am and was back in NJ by 130pm. I heard them contact south jersey. Today there was no report of them unless another crew comes at night when shit traffic is at a mininum. Maybe Wolfboy may have some info. Tomorrow is a new day once I know when to expect them I will head over to south ave to take some shots.

#382363  by Steve F45

are there any vantage points on the jersey side to catch them going across the bridge midspan?