Railroad Forums 

• Silvis NRE shop

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#771887  by atsf sp

I am thinking of heading out towards Yellowstone this year on a trip. I have recently noticed the dead line at the old CRIP shops in Silvis Illinois. I also have seen a large amount of photos at this location. Is this location visible by city roads? Are the roads next to the dead line public access? Approximately how many engines are here? Is the shop still used or is this just a place for NRE to store engines that will be scrapped?
 #835588  by atsf sp

Have any engines left the facility, been rebuilt or scrapped since the FURX engines came?