Railroad Forums 

• Sightings of units still painted SBD

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#18422  by oregontrunkline

Found the 2667 switching auto racks with remote unit 9156 at Walbridge Yard outside Toledo this evening (May 8th). Looked surprisingly good for being a couple of paint schemes out of date. Any other SBD survivors out there?

#32811  by fglk

I got a pic of an SBD SD50 with CSX painted only on the ends of the hoods. I also got pics of a former SBD SD50 lettered for HLCX as well.

#32960  by octr202

SBD=Seaboard System. In 1980 (or maybe 82) I believe CSX Corp. officially merged the companies that comprised the Family Lines (Seaboard Coast Line, Louisville & Nashville, Clinchfield, etc.) into a new corporate structure called Seaboard System. At the time, CSX Corp. owned both Chessie System and Seaboard System, and intended to operate them seperately. However, by 1986 this policy was dropped and they were merged into one railroad company, known as CSX Transportation.