• Short MBCR Commuter Rail Train

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

Let's get back to the original topic at hand and forget this foolishness.

You're right, I agree, let's just resume our topic regarding the short CR train's cars. Lately, the Old Colony Commuter trains that I see have been regular length, six or seven cars.

by bierhere

It continues.

Worcester train P502: Has always been a 7 car train for the 3 years. For the last month, mostly 6 cars. For the last 2 days, it been a 5 car train.

In addition, wacky trains sets for other trains. Last night I took the P533 7:15pm which is usually 6 flat cars, last night 5 doubles and a flat.

by Stephen

Last nigth around 7:15, I saw 1004 with a 3 car train loading at South Station. I didn't catch its destination.
- Stephen

by octr202

bierhere wrote:It continues.

Worcester train P502: Has always been a 7 car train for the 3 years. For the last month, mostly 6 cars. For the last 2 days, it been a 5 car train.

In addition, wacky trains sets for other trains. Last night I took the P533 7:15pm which is usually 6 flat cars, last night 5 doubles and a flat.
C'mon man...don't call 'em flat cars -- next thing we know they'll be putting people on board the work train! :wink:

by ST214

Ooh, let me know when that is!! I call the Cupola!!!!!!!!!!

by CRail

Thats ok as long as the caboose has bathrooms, you must have bathrooms!

P524 is usually 5 700's (one of which actually being a 1700), one 200/600 and 1 500. yesterday there were 3 700's (one a 1700), 2 200/600's and a 500.

(Usually: |--=====, yesterday |---===)

|:locomotive 10??
-single level 6??, 2??, 5??
=kawasaki 7??

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

811/818 (2:15 dept from S. Sta. --> S. Attleboro) is an off peak train, and it had 6 single level cars, the usual for this train

by bierhere

I've had at least 2 trains this week with no bathrooms.

by CRail

bathrooms are required by law. they could get in hot water for not having them. It can be a health issue.

by bierhere

Any chance you could provide the law, or under what seciton of Mass General Law is this?

by Porter Sq

The Bathrooms themselves are a health concern have you ever been in one i'd rather hold it and explode than walk into one of those bathrooms.

by efin98

bierhere wrote:Any chance you could provide the law, or under what seciton of Mass General Law is this?
That's a good question, I've heard that stated before but with no backup...

Is it state law? Internal requirement? Strong suggestion? Federal regulations? A length allotment with that(as in under a certain trip time or length trains are exempt...)?

by sery2831

I dont believe there is a law requiring the rest room on the commuter rail trains. I have worked trains on the north side with no german cars several times. If there is, it's a local law. SEPTA runs with no rest rooms what so ever. There push pull sets have rest rooms but they are not active, I am told they activate them around Thanksgiving when Amtrak uses there stuff.

by ST214

Hey John!!! WB!!

BTW, when and where were these trains without 500/1500 cars??? Are there any still out there??? I would love to get a picture of one, just to see what it looks like with just bombers.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

the control cars 1500's all have bathrooms i believe, at least a few of them do if not all