Railroad Forums 

• Shipping Operations / Customer Service

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#515646  by BoilerBob

I am a manufacturer with rail service on the east coast. I have a product that I need to ship to the west coast by rail.

Where do I start?

#515653  by UPRR engineer

Should be able to find a phone number at NS or CSX threw there web site.

Click on Customer from there home page there Bob, all kinds of contacts and stuff on there buddy.

#515702  by BoilerBob

Oops. Sorry. I didn't make my question clear. This is a hypothetical question. But I still would like to know how and the cost associated with shipping a product from coast to coast by rail.

#515705  by UPRR engineer

What?? You want to know what the price of moving something costs? Depends if you own the car, the weight, size, type of car..... I can tell you some prices of what somethings costs, if ya want me to, but no coast to coast figures.

Why do you want to know there Bob if you dont mind me asking. Hope ya dont think your gonna start a railroad there buddy.
Last edited by UPRR engineer on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#515709  by BoilerBob

Start a railroad? Nope. Wish I had that kind of capital though. :wink:

Nothing more than my own curosity.

#515712  by UPRR engineer

I'll PM you what i know there buddy.