• Shared Assets Lehigh Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by TAMR213

railroadcarmover wrote:Dow closed down a long time ago. the SW1200RS was sitting on the property for quite some time before it was finally moved back to Ringoes.
There is a company next to the site that uses a 9TM Trackmobile to move cars around.
I had no idea that it closed, I never heard anything. Any idea why, or when? Sad to see another local industry served by the railroad to go. I was curious what happened to the SW1200RS, and I saw the trackmobile as mentioned.

by railroadcarmover

Not sure why it closed.
The company that used that Trackmobile has some steep grades.
I ran one of my 5TM Trackmobiles there for a demo and while attempting to pull 2 loaded hoppers up to the peak of the grade I was running wide open throttle.

by njt5140

I guess all today it's been laying over, there's been an empty rail train with BNSF(that's right!) 4092 on the Perth Amboy IT in South Plainfield. From what I hear it was dropping rail down between Potter and Bound Brook and some spots in Roselle Park.

by TAMR213

njt5140 wrote:I guess all today it's been laying over, there's been an empty rail train with BNSF(that's right!) 4092 on the Perth Amboy IT in South Plainfield. From what I hear it was dropping rail down between Potter and Bound Brook and some spots in Roselle Park.
Nice, wish I knew about it, I was up at Roselle tonight. Any idea if it will still be around tommarow?

by Wanderer

Rail has been dropped between Potter and the West Absolute Signal at CP-Roselle Park for about a week, full sections. They still need to drop from the East Absolute Signal at CP-Roselle Park to the East Absolute Signal at CP-Townley. Suprised the BNSF4092 has not been reassigned yet. Not sure if it is the same unit, but there has been a BNSF Dash 9-44CW on work assignments for a few weeks.

Erik...very nice meeting and speaking with yourself and John last night. I'll be heading out shortly to CP-Roselle Park once I finish up some file conversions from work today.

by TAMR213

Wanderer wrote:Erik...very nice meeting and speaking with yourself and John last night. I'll be heading out shortly to CP-Roselle Park once I finish up some file conversions from work today.
Same to you, I always like to have a face to put to the name. I'm actually planning on heading out to Bound Brook soon, and meeting up with John sometime tonight. Maybe we'll head on up and see you there.

by Wanderer

TAMR213 wrote:Same to you, I always like to have a face to put to the name. I'm actually planning on heading out to Bound Brook soon, and meeting up with John sometime tonight. Maybe we'll head on up and see you there.
Actually, I am pretty much done. Just have a few more if Capture One will hurry the heck up, so I might head further out. Hopefully will see you all out and about.

Peace man...

by wolfboy8171981

First. The Rail train left last night from South Plainfeild and went west. The rail train droped rail on #2 track from CP-Roselle Park thru CP-Aldene and then on the Single track from CP-Potter to around MP 26

by Wanderer

wolfboy8171981 wrote:First. The Rail train left last night from South Plainfeild and went west. The rail train droped rail on #2 track from CP-Roselle Park thru CP-Aldene and then on the Single track from CP-Potter to around MP 26
The man behind the moves chimes in!

Roger on the corrections Wolfman. I noticed that tonight driving from 33 to 16 on the back roads. I didn't think it sounded right that it was around. It's shacked up at Abrams Yard as of this evening. BNSF4092 is still on it. Went West as 98M I was told by one of the Harrisburg gents.

by TAMR213

Wanderer wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:First. The Rail train left last night from South Plainfeild and went west. The rail train droped rail on #2 track from CP-Roselle Park thru CP-Aldene and then on the Single track from CP-Potter to around MP 26
The man behind the moves chimes in!

Roger on the corrections Wolfman. I noticed that tonight driving from 33 to 16 on the back roads. Also the rail train has been located. It's shacked up at Abrams Yard as of this evening. BNSF4092 is still on it. Went West as 98M I was told by one of the Harrisburg gents.
Wanderer,

Did you go out to Bound Brook at all? If you did, sorry I didn't catch you, didn't end up getting out there till about 8:30 with John. Also, today seemed like a VERY busy day! If you got out, any train report? I heard on the scanner that around 6 there were many trains sitting around the Junction, waiting for others to clear. We were there for about an hour and a half and saw something like 5 trains, not a bad night. Train report will be forthcoming.

by Wanderer

TAMR213 wrote:Wanderer,

Did you go out to Bound Brook at all?
Yes I did. Problem was I got out late because Capture One was giving me a hard time. I finally got back home and then over to Bound Brook just as 25V was passing around 20:05. I only hung around about 10 mins and then decided to take the long way East. I was too tired to stay out too late tonight and still get up in the morning on time. Tomorrow night maybe. Anyway...here are my meager offerings for tonight. I'll list just the power to keep things simple.

CP-Bound Brook/Bound Brook, NJ (33.10)
20:05 - 25V-10 - Missed Power, Train Not Logged. - Single to Main

South Ave./Middlesex, NJ (30.08)
20:14 - Q410-08 - CSXT4804/CSXT597 - Single

Front St./South Plainfield, NJ (26.39)
20:32 - Q174-09 - Missed Power (Damned Old Fart Drivers), Train Not Logged. - Single

CP-Potter/Edison Twp., NJ (23.20)
20:54 - 32A-10 - NS2635/NS2577prr - Single to 2
21:00 - 25Z-10 - NS9716/NS2524 - 1 to Single

CP-Roselle Park/Roselle Park, NJ (16.00)
21:39 - 0-D17-10 - CP8625/CP9763 - 1
21:50 - K651-10 - CSXT662/CSXT672 - 1
21:59 - Q438-09 - CSXT5261/CSXT718/CSXT8590 - 2

I still have to finish typing my report from two weeks ago for the guys I traveled with. Hopefully it will get done. Either way...I'm off to bed to be up in four hours. Be out tomorrow for the usual overnight if all goes well.

by TAMR213

7-10-06 at Bound Brook:

21:14 - WB NS container train - 2 units both 3 axles, have the power on video, can't read the #'s though

21:33 - EB CSX Manifest - 3 units, again, cannot read #'s - 90 cars

22:08 - WB CP train - CP8625/CP9763 – 35 Cars

22:17 – WB CSX Juice Train – CSX662/CSX679

Plus 3 or 4 NJT trains, was a good night.

by Wanderer

Heading out for the overnight shortly since I go in late tomorrow. I might be doing so at one of my secret pirches, or might just stay at CP-Roselle Park. Yet to be seen. If on the off chance, you (Erik) and/or John will be around tonight I will be out and about.

Peace...

by wolfboy8171981

I may grace the platform friday night.

by njt4172

wolfboy8171981 wrote:I may grace the platform friday night.
I'd meet you guys there, but Im celebrating my friends departure from the NYSW at The Office in Ridgewood!

Steve