Railroad Forums 

• Santa Train??

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #195835  by Mr GP10

Hi Guysnot sure if the NYA is running their annula santa train this year I thought I heard something about Dec 16th? I most likely wont be able to make this year due to work and possibly a transit strike the last few years on this event the engine used has been the GP-38-2 # 271 Does any one know which engine will be used for this years train will it again be the 271? If any one knows for sure could they please post a response to this thread? Thak You Kindly. :-D

#195880  by Scrap em Again

It will be the grand unveiling of the 156. Wether it will run or not, remains to be seen. It might come down the east leg "ala 160" style if need be :wink:

#195894  by pgengler

This e-mail came over the longislandfreight Yahoo group a few days ago:
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:06:25 EST
Subject: NYA Christmas Train II

N Y and Atlantic Railway's Santa Train is this coming to Fresh Pond yard in Glendale, Queens this Friday, December 16th from 0900-1630. If you go, please bring some canned goods as they will be collecting for hungry harvest.Of course bring your kids too! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

#195981  by N221UA

Cool! Any chance for photo op?

Too bad the CP holiday train doesn't come to Fresh Pond this year :(

#195983  by pgengler

N221UA wrote:Cool! Any chance for photo op?
I don't know, but I'm going to head over to see if there's a good chance for photos.

#196082  by 9C1LT1

Might be bad weather tomorrow morning... I have to work the whole day otherwise I'd be there!

Can't wait to see the photos!!

-Barry

#196172  by Mr GP10

I forgot to ask last night If any one does go to see the 156 today, can anyone please get it on video? I am willing to pay for a copy. many thanks.

#328280  by b&p rupture

2006:

Any hint, or news about, an appearance by Santa this year?

(revived last year's post so as not to start a new one.)

#333081  by Rush2ny

December 20th. 9 am to 5 pm.

Russ

#336568  by Mr GP10

Can someone who is going to see the Santa train, please try to get pics or video? BTW does any one what engine will be used?