Railroad Forums 

• Salem Action Alert

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1465285  by doublebell

At 1345 there were three bones and four acids on the tail off Allen's Lane
John, the guy in the blue car with the wing on back
 #1465659  by highrail

Stopped by Peabody this am...12 cars stuffed beyond Allen's Lane. This shot is at the far end, toward Summit Street. About a car length behind me is truly the end of active track...a washout that has left the rails intact, but nothing under them. Nice to see this section active, but sad to think how much activity there used to be. There used to be daily service on this line, with about 4 customers beyond Summit Street, then the track was extended beyond Corwin Street to the Centennial Industrial Park in the 1960s and they picked up a couple more customers (SS Pierce and Bicknell Fuller box company, and maybe a can company if my memory serves me :) ).

Steve
 #1465832  by doublebell

There were even more cars, at least 14, on the tail off Allen's Lane today.
 #1466396  by Badandy

Rotate this view....You can see where it is in regards to the gel plant.....
 #1466456  by doublebell

This afternoon there were seven bones and no acids on the tail of Allen's Lane
 #1467239  by doublebell

This afternoon, there were five bones and no acids on the tail off Allen's Lane.
 #1467296  by doublebell

Still fives bones on the tail. Rails are rusty.
 #1467541  by doublebell

The five bones are still there.
 #1468895  by doublebell

Seven bones and no acids on the tail off Allen's Lane.
 #1469315  by BostonUrbEx

Does anyone know when service to Webster Industries stopped? They received covered hoppers of plastic pellets and were located on the Danvers Branch, on the Salem side of the burnt Waters River trestle. And does anyone know what led to the end of service for them? I'm surprised the service didn't hang on so long as the Kodak/Eastman/Rousselot gelatin plant was still ticking.