• Rumors, rumors, rumors...

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by CSX Conductor

mick wrote:but I hear CSX is having it's own problems with the facility in East Brookfield, some crews tell me they are very slow to get the empty racks out, creating a backlog of loads in Selkirk.
That's because it's a bunch of scabs in East Brookfield....and the unloading facility is only about half the size of Westboro, yet it is supposed to handle the volume of both CP Yard amnd Westboro.

by l008com

CN9634 wrote:... Speakin of rumors I heard the NS one again...
DAMN YOU!!! You had to add that comment didn't you!!! Getting our hopes up again, only to crash them down. God you guys every thing that there is something WRONG with us and thats why we like trains so much???!!!! :P
  by JAJ

roberttosh wrote:I get what you mean about the clock, I just don't get who or what you are referring/comparing it to?
Since the early 1990's, GTI takeover rumors have been persistent. It's the same story every year, "something is definitely about to happen". We're coming up on 15 years with no takeover. And the rumors persist. (and I'm not even including April 1 jokes, which have gotten progressively lamer...but I digress...).

The broken clock? Yeah, *eventually*, an acquisition will happen, be it 5 years, 15 years, or 50 years from now...who knows. And at that point, the given rumor will be finally be "true", just as the broken clock is "right"...eventually.

John A. Joyce
Chicago, IL
http://naphotos.nerail.org/show/?order= ... ey=jjoyce1

by MEC407

I think this thread, now a whopping 9 pages long, has covered a LOT of ground and that we should probably put it to bed and move on to bigger and better things. If anybody wants to discuss specific topics contained in this thread, please feel free to start a new thread for that specific subject, whether it be NS or the auto terminal or whatever.

:-)