Railroad Forums 

• Rochester traffic dwindles - do we still need the CSX main?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1469692  by BR&P

Charlie6017 wrote:Instead of tossing money hand over fist into an unnecessary project like high speed rail, I would rather see the
state pour that money into fixing the roads. God knows anyone who drives a lot realizes the highways are an absolute
disaster. It seems there are more craters than there is on the moon.

Charlie
That would certainly benefit a MUCH larger segment of the population.
 #1469696  by sd80mac

BR&P wrote:
sd80mac wrote:

If HSR did miracle become in process of construction. We do NOT need NEW ROW. the property is already 4 or 5 tracks wide. there will be enough room for single track for HSR with passing sidings.
HSR is a boondoggle, a waste of taxpayers money, and total foolishness. We already have private autos and buses, both of which use public-funded highways, and airplanes, using public-funded airports and traffic control. There is no excuse whatever for spending incredible amounts of money to trim the running times. Even the loonies in Kalifornia are starting to see the light, after pouring large amounts down the drain already. "The property" may be 4 or 5 tracks wide, but it belongs to somebody else. HSR would not be a miracle, it would be a nightmare of epic proportions.

I'm just saying "miracle" for these who want that. what I am saying that it's impossible.... And the main object was that the space of ROW - I'm just saying there is enough for 4 tracks entire way and there's no need to purchase more land outside of ROW. but behind the door, you and I know that it's not gonna happen for HSR... well only 0.5% chance of miracle to occurs...