Railroad Forums 

• REPORT: RAILROAD.NET DAY at SEASHORE TROLLEY MUSEUM!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#409673  by Stmtrolleyguy

Its always fun leading a group of people around, even if they don't really know a lot about what they are seeing.

It's even MORE fun leading around a group of people who know and are interested in what they're seeing, and understand some of the many challenges and quirks of restoration/dealing with old/odd/strange equipment.

One of the best railfan groups that we've had yet.

#409734  by ST214

Glad to see everyone that went had a great time.....

I would have been there but i was needed to cover another store Sunday night......

#409871  by djlong

I really wish I could have gone... Sigh.. Maybe next time.

#409884  by Robert Paniagua

Otto Vondrak wrote:Mark- it was great to meet you an your dad at the museum yesterday. Thanks for sharing your photos- I can tell you put a lot of thought into them!

-otto-
Otto, this was a good time from myself, and Mark, I remember you taking those photos, especially that guy (tribe member). Was a sunny day too. I'll be returining there agin for nice things (R22/R33WF & 01450/55).

#410009  by MBTA3247

My photos of the event can be found here, starting on the third row.

#410693  by CRail

So where are your pictures Robert? After opening those cars up for you I expect to see how that little adventure came out!!! :wink:

#410786  by acela 2036

thats some good shots you got there ROB!

#410819  by Robert Paniagua

Thanks!! Especially of 9327 and 37371 with their historical ads.

And I had a fun time on board the 01450 engineer's booth, I had it in corner mode, it's a knockdown transverse cab.

#411157  by sixflagscoasters

What do you mean by this "01450 engineer's booth, I had it in corner mode, it's a knockdown transverse cab."

You can change the way the cab is set up?

What does knockdown transverse cab mean?

I don't know anything about the 01400 subway car cabs

Also you have very nice pictures from the Seashore Trolley Museum. That was a very fun and exciting day. I hope we can do that again.

Thanks of your time and help,
Bill

#411165  by sery2831

It means when it's not in use, the cab door can close inward, making half the cab open to the public. Some cars in Chicago do this, and I think Wash DC too. The T never did use this feature, keeping the cabs full width at all times.

#411214  by Robert Paniagua

You're right about Wash, DC WMATA, they do use their cabs as corner sometimes and full width, like the 01400s and even NYCTA's R62 & R62A, which also have knockdown transverse cabs.