Railroad Forums 

• Reminder letter sent 02/07/05

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#95939  by Richard Glueck

Just an update to interested parties. After four months of not hearing anything regarding my petition to do some restoration on MEC 470, in Waterville, I sent a terse, but positive certified letter to the Mayor this evening. I'll keep you informed.

#97681  by Richard Glueck

I found out today, quite by surprise, that the Mayor and City Engineer of Waterville have convened a committee to restore the 470. This committee excludes me for some reason, and I don't know if there are any steam locomotive savvy people on board. My fear is that the restoration will be of questionable permanence, or even along the scale of what is required. The engine needs major attention or it's gone. If anyone else knows about this effort, please inform the rest of us!
 #97921  by wolfmom69

Maybe you have "come on too strong" for the Elm City Politicos,Richard! I find it very interesting that the "470 Club" has been all but unheard in this attempt. But,then the club has "aged",and I guess it's what happens when egos and arrogance get old and do not "encourage" new members to remain in the "club"!! Hell,it is their "namesake"! Bud :(

#98166  by Steam

When a political committee forms to deal with an historic object over which the committee has no particular knowledge,.... watch out!