Railroad Forums 

• RBBX Red Train Info?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#104871  by rbenko

Been following the progress northward of the RBB&BC Red train on TrainOrders. Progress reports pretty much peter out after the train passed Ashland, VA at 12:45 p.m. today (March 7). Unfortunately it seems the train will arrive in Croxton (I believe that is the destination) tonight sometime.

Anyone have a clue as to when/where they spot the train? I believe it's on the Suzy-Q somewhere (Lodi Branch?). Will they do it tonight, or will it be a daylight thing tomorrow morning? Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I nabbed it last year on its way to Long Island at Waverly in absolutely atrocious weather - you can check it out below:

==> Ringling Bros Red Train at WA6 <==

#104888  by Diamond_D

through Newark, DE at 9:00 PM. If it's up this way before midnight, I may still try to get a shot with my new flash unit...

#104892  by OCtrainguy

From what I was told, the train will be handed off to NS from CSX sometime after midnight. It looks like an early start to the day for the NS crew who will be picking up the train. And Tuesday's weather in northern New Jersey doesn't look good according to the Weather Channel (rain & snow).

Last year, some of the cars were on a siding on the Pascack Valley Line.

#104906  by nick11a

OCtrainguy wrote:Last year, some of the cars were on a siding on the Pascack Valley Line.
Originally, I heard that is where they are supposed to be again this year. I heard that a few weeks back though and things could have changed. I unfortunately do not have the time to track it down and try to catch and grab some shots.

#104944  by Diamond_D

he's through Belle Mead now, should be hitting Port Reading Jct soon

#104955  by rbenko

Where will the handoff take place? I would assume the train will go via Oak Island, P&H branch via CP Stock, through the Meadows to Croxton. If they will park it on the Pascack Valley, will they wait until the end of rush hour to move?

#104963  by Zeke

Saw the circus train rolling east thru Bound brook at 11:55 pm. Conrail North Jersey held him for us ( NJT 5458 ) at Aldene 12:30 am. I think North Jersey DS was calling him P194 ? HACK tower told him right along into Croxton but the CSX engineer stated he was not familiar with the yard, two minutes later they told him to pull up to Croxton cut his power off, go into the clear and an NS recrew will take it from there, that was around 1:10 am.

#104964  by JJMDiMunno

Zeke wrote:Saw the circus train rolling east thru Bound brook at 11:55 pm. Conrail North Jersey held him for us ( NJT 5458 ) at Aldene 12:30 am. I think North Jersey DS was calling him P194 ? HACK tower told him right along into Croxton but the CSX engineer stated he was not familiar with the yard, two minutes later they told him to pull up to Croxton cut his power off, go into the clear and an NS recrew will take it from there, that was around 1:10 am.
The symbol on CSX was P971...and they were clear of Langhorne on the Trenton Sub at 11:04PM. Myself and a group of other South Jersians saw it there...I made a feeble attempt at stopping the action of a 50MPH train in terrible lighting conditions:

http://www.SJRail.com/DailyPhotos/P971_Langhorne.jpg
http://www.SJRail.com/DailyPhotos/P971_Langhorne_2.jpg

Can't even tell it's the circus train really, but heck, I drove about 40 miles at an increadible rate of speed to get these photos...use your imagination :) I arrived there with about 5 minutes to spare...

Mike DiMunno
www.SJRail.com: All about South Jersey Railroads!

#104996  by OCtrainguy

Is it just me or does the weather always seem to be bad when the circus train comes to New Jersey recently? I'm sure the crews working the train since last night are getting pretty wet.
 #105070  by diesel boy

I caught it coming under the Turnpike at Exit 16W around 0945 heading up to Wood Ridge..

#107234  by OCtrainguy

The circus wraps up tonight at Continental Airlines Arena and will head toward Long Island tomorrow. This will be a NS to Amtrak move.

#107355  by ajt

HC90 with the Circus Train calling North Jersey DS for permission out of Croxton 0814.

#107387  by gravelyfan

As of 10 AM the HC 90 is on NEC Track 2 west of Lane, the diesels are cutting off, and Amtrak 661 & 665 (I think those are the numbers) are approaching Lane.

#107390  by ajt

Circus train on Amtrak at Lane 1000. Amtrak motors getting ready to tie on and move east.

#107407  by gravelyfan

Circus Train east through Newark Penn Station at 1100.