Railroad Forums 

• Rails North of Doylestown

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1110117  by glennk419

While looking at Google maps, you can clearly see the remains of rails imbedded in concrete and blacktop behind a business on Old Easton Road, along with what looks like a transfer table and additional rails going into what may have once been a car barn or engine house. Does anyone know if this was part of a railroad or an old trolley operation? Never saw this before.

Link here: http://maps.google.com/?ll=40.333683,-7 ... 5&t=h&z=19
 #1110171  by Andyt293

The line in question is the remnants of the Philadelphia and Easton Electric Railway (originally the Doylestown and Easton Railway), it ran from 1904 until 1926. If you drive along Route 611 between Doylestown and Easton there is a substantial amount of remnants of the line in the form of bridges, embankments and cuts.
 #1110185  by glennk419

Andyt293 wrote:The line in question is the remnants of the Philadelphia and Easton Electric Railway (originally the Doylestown and Easton Railway), it ran from 1904 until 1926. If you drive along Route 611 between Doylestown and Easton there is a substantial amount of remnants of the line in the form of bridges, embankments and cuts.
Thanks Andy. I suspected that this might be the line but could find no references to a carbarn in Doylestown. I was amazed by how much is still in existence, including the rails and especially the transfer table. Sadly, I believe the business that they are behind is the one that burned this morning.