Railroad Forums 

• Railroad training "I know a railroad"

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#333811  by boatsmate

Hi all,

I had some training the other night (Fire Dept/ Dispatch) that involved the Pan Am RR. A gentelman for Pan AM came and talked to us about Railroad operations, how they work etc. it was real interesting form both a rail fan side of things and from a person who knows nothing about railroads. very informitive. while he did not give away any company secerts, he did talk about a few things of interest. like the police force. there is still Pan Am police, 4 in Billirica, 1 in maine, 1 in Deerfield and 1 in another location. so they are still around. he also said that for a railroad of there type and size, they are the only RR to have an actual police dept. I found that quite interesting.

He also talked about the traing the the enginers and conductors get Re hazardous material and all. I was surprised the amount of training they actually get.

over all I thought it was a great training, and I learned alot about the B&M (Pan AM).

Capt Bill

#334156  by Noel Weaver

Whether you like the top management or not, there are some mighty good
people working for Guilford.
I have a timetable from not too many years ago and to me it was one of
the better timetables in the industry, very impressive job.
Noel Weaver