Railroad Forums 

• Railroad license plates

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#111920  by NJTRailfan

I understand that a plate will be created for the CNJ. What about the Lackawanna, Erie, PRR, Reading, etc.

I would love to see the artist conceptions of these plates. I myself have the Statue of Liberty Plate that has the US flags with the historic CNJ Terminal. I would love to see the railroad versions come out. I've seen the USS New Jersey, Historic Places, Animal Lover, Nature along with Cancer survivor along with one representing fallen NJ Police Officers.

#112230  by Railjumper

AAAHHH, forget about a plate, just paint the entire car like I did in 1992!

#112241  by nick11a

^One word:

WOW! :-D

#112350  by Lackawanna484

That's very impressive.

Railfan did a short photo article about 10 years o people who've done over cars and vans with railroad logos. One guy painted a van in the style of a CPR E-8 locomotive. Another guy had a 1950s heavy Chevy truck in Rock Island red, etc.

#112473  by njt4172

NJTRailfan,

Any idea when this license plate will be available??? I was looking online and couldn't find anything about it......

Thanks,
steve
 #112476  by henry6

..ain't the word I'm thinken of!

#112523  by NJTRailfan

I heard about it on this forum and was intrested myself. I wouldn't mind having a CNJ plate on my car. I do hope the news is true.

#113058  by NJ Vike

That is ONE AWESOME CAR!

I just started working on this with Motor Vehicles and will let everyone know how this progresses.

I would love to include other RRs but since the CNJ was a RR that has NJ in it, I think I might have a better chance of passing.

More to follow.....

Ken

You can reach me at njvike@excite if you would like to contact me.

#113074  by Lackawanna484

I don't know if the rules are the same for historical societies, but NJ used to require universities to guarantee 1,000 plate orders. There's a set-up fee of a few hundred dollars to create the plate design.

The university then controls the distribution and can set a fee within the range acceptable to the state.