Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Woodbourne Station

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#77908  by GooStats

How many freight trains pass thru the Woodbourne Station in Bucks County on a typical day (on both the R3 and the Trenton Cut-Off) I'm new to the area and was just curious. It looks like a good spot to railfan. Thanks

#78195  by Urban D Kaye

Haven't been there myself, but there's a Yahoo discussion group that keeps tabs on the Trenton Line in general. I've heard that early mornings (7-9 a.m.) are good, tho I'm not a morning person. Mixed action throughout the day. Q300/301...Q417/418...Q172...Q174...Q438...K276/277 (just a few examples).

As for the Trenton Cutoff, it sees some NS stuff (2-4 trains a day I think) and CSX puts thru its stackers, Q190 and Q191.
 #78484  by trainspot

The line can run hot and cold, 2-4 trains in 2 hrs. and then nothing for a few hours. Normally, there are roughly 15 trains in a 24 hr. period. The best bet is to listen with a scanner to hear when trains are approaching. There is also a local that works Woodburne Yard (C-770)
As for the NS, 4 trains in a 24 hr. period is about right.

#88871  by GooStats

@ 7:32 AM this morning saw two freight trains crossing over each other. Quite a sight. NS eastbound heading into Morrisville going over a speeding southbound CSX intermodal