• Railfanning Around Oneonta

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by trevor macpherson

Does anyone know anygood railroading spots in altoona pa. i know the horeshoe curve is down there but what else. I thinkin on getting my dad to go down for a day a take pictures and videos. Thanks
  by trevor macpherson

Hey does anbody now what was with all of the trains that went by this morning around 6am on the D&H through sidney...??? What were they doing in sidney this morning. I didnt hear it on the scanner but when i went over the union st. tracks i saw a possible work train and crew so does anybody know.And what the progress on the st. work in bingo...???

MOW

by trevor macpherson

Theres some kind of MOW work between MP 574 and 575 (sidney)from what i am hearing on the scanner. Come on down and see what it is. Maybe there clearing it out for double track.(yeah right i dont think they'll ever do that...or will they???its still a mystery to me.haha

mow

by trevor macpherson

Maybe because of the MOW thats why like 3 trains one after another came thru this morning.
  by trevor macpherson

am i the only one that posts???c'mon guys im gettin bored here!!!haha

stay safe

by Otto Vondrak

Trevor- why don't you wait for an answer to your post? Don't jump the gun.

-otto-

by scottychaos

and, you might get more replies if you werent asking about Altoona, PA in a thread about Oneonta, NY! :wink:

Scot

by ANDY117

I'll kickstart discussion. There's 2 NS 206 trains in Binghamton, and an 8859 sitting at Phelps according to Trevor. AND the old D&H trestle at Nineveh was washed out by the floods.

by oibu

"AND the old D&H trestle at Nineveh was washed out by the floods."

Umm...no. Just some fairly minor damage. The real issue was washouts up toward Afton, SIdney, etc. The line should be back in service by the end of the day today, crew markup times are already scheduled.

by ANDY117

Yeah, 8858 was first north.
  by trevor macpherson

whoops my bad andy. :( I got told that all of the supports washed out.

my bad everyone :-D

by charlie6017

So is everything running on the D&H as before now? Or not quite yet?

MPH

by trevor macpherson

Yep the only thing is a 25 MPH speed limit.
  by trevor macpherson

Just in case CP wont give me the Signal #'s i need ill ask you guys. Could anybody give me the Signal #'s from oneota to the north portal of belden hill tunnel or maybe to Bingo. Thanks guys.

by Otto Vondrak

From the June 1968 Official Guide:

DELAWARE OTSEGO RAILROAD CO., INC.
WALTER RICH, General Manager
1 Railroad Avenue, Oneonta, New York, 13820
Oneonta (1) , N.Y. to Mickle Bridge, N.Y. (2.6 Miles)
Operated for passenger service (note) and carload freight service.
Connection-(1) with Delaware & Hudson Railroad.
(note) Passenger service May to October.

--September 1967