Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Alliance, Nebreska?

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#105672  by Fatal

Jayjay1213 wrote:Anyone know of any good websites or what not for railfanning in the Alliance area of Nebreska?

Thanks

Jason

Check out this site, not sure if it has what you're looking for:

http://www.frograil.com/index.htm
 #587212  by atsf sp

Jason, I am probably replying way to late from your post, but I went to Alliance, NE this year and it is very amazing. At night I was coming into Alliance from the south and the entire sky was lit up from the lights illuminating the yard. There were lines of coal trains waiting for power. A line of 6 brand new SD70ACes were sitting by an access road that is easy to drive down without trespassing. Also another road runs along the maintenance facility, where they have many engines and when I went 1 BN C30-7 and 2 ATSF C30-7. The BN was in bad shape. Also at night there was a empty coal headed to Gilette about every 10 minutes. There was agreat Chinese reaturant that overlooked the tracks. I guess it wasn't smart to be watching BNSF SD70MACs rolling through at 10 pm in a field before a thunder storm. The misquitoes were out full force. Butt the few bites were worth the action there.