Railroad Forums 

• Railfan's Guide to the Fitchburg Division

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#241700  by peterw

mileposts from orange to wendell
 #242521  by jonnhrr

trainsinmaine wrote:Jon,
Excuse my ignorance (I should know the answer to this): Exactly what do those numbers refer to? My immediate guess is mileage from Mattawamkeag, but that can't be right.
Yes, Guilford mileposts start from MP 0 at Mattawamkeag.

Jon D
 #302094  by jkrail

SP 4449 wrote:Does anybody know of any online guides to the Fitchburg Division? I only know the area from North Adams to East Deerfield, but I'd like to get to some other locations such as Wachusett, Gardner, Ashburnham, and Shirley. Any help would be great thanks.

Josh
Hello:
Please check out the rail guides from Oxford Junction Press. They do a great job of answering questions with many lines in New England including the Fitch.
They also have a railfan guide in the back of the book.

http://www.oxfordjunction.com/index.html

Jerry Kelley
 #318870  by Skullitor

trainsinmaine wrote:Jon,
Excuse my ignorance (I should know the answer to this): Exactly what do those numbers refer to? My immediate guess is mileage from Mattawamkeag, but that can't be right.
YES your correct.Mileage from "THE KEAG".