Railroad Forums 

• Railfan report on Septa

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#86087  by njtmnrrbuff

Today, I took a trip to Philly to start my mileage on Septa. I came to Philly via transit and Septa. At Trenton I changed to a trio of silverliner IVs. I got off at Market east and made a quick dash to get a ticket for warminster. I boarded the 11:40 to Warminster, another set of silverliner IVs, except two cars. After Warminster I got off at Glenside, changed there for Doylestown. The train to doylestown was a two car silverliner IV. When I got to Doylestown, I see that there is a lone Silverliner II, so the crew attaches that to the existing set. Coming back, the train made some great business, with quite a few people getting off at Fern Rock. I was pleased with this trip and no photo hassles. At Market East I changed to the 4:45 express to trenton, a locomotive set powered by a toaster I believe.

#86102  by chuchubob

Sounds like a good trip, njt/mnrr/septabuff

I hope you got photos of the Silverliner II/IV train. there's a thread on this forum on mixed SL trains.

For your next trip: SEPTA Regional Rail's maximum fare is $7, which is also the fare between Philly and Trenton. For your $7 Trenton to Market East fare, you could have bought passage from Trenton to Warminster.
Also, for $7 you could have bought a ticket from Doylestown to Trenton.

Bob