Railroad Forums 

• Railamerica

• A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads
A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads

Moderator: Aa3rt

#284158  by conductorforlife

Any thoughts on why RailAmerica is selling it's midland sub in Ohio and to who? Rumors flying everywhere they are trying to sell and maybe some other tracks in Ohio. I do know alot of management has left or been demoted.
 #295026  by cw cabin

conductorforlife wrote:Any thoughts on why RailAmerica is selling it's midland sub in Ohio and to who? Rumors flying everywhere they are trying to sell and maybe some other tracks in Ohio. I do know alot of management has left or been demoted.
To my limited knowledge, Rail America is not going to sell the Midland Sub. For one they don't own the ROW. They own the track, ballest. CSX leases the ROW to Rail America. I'm not hearing anything from CSX on the subject. I see them selling/leasing the Greenfield branch and the Brookville Indiana branch. I would say that the Midland is secure. Rail America has invested heavily in the line. This is only my opinion.
 #996645  by kevin.brackney

I don't know who reads old threads, but here it is: I'm guessing that the Midland line will continue under RA for now. I sure hope so; since I have been working that line up until the time I went on active duty to deploy to Afghanistan. I'd like to be able to return to my old job, or something similar. I'd much rather drive the 35 miles to WCH than the 70 miles to McCullough (E. Norwood). Although, if my seniority could hold it, Springfield is only 12 miles away. Ever since 2005, I have been able to bounce between Springfield and WCH.