Railroad Forums 

• Rail Cruise America

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#421857  by NJTRailfan

I was looking at the St Louis Union Terminal Website and I noticed there wasn't any info on the tour train that comes out of St Louis Union. I saw stuff for the Mall, The Hyatt and the Manmade Lake but no train. I know they still have rail lines in and out of the place but did the company fold up? Are there tour trains still running out of there? What happened?

#430945  by nwgp9511

It no longer runs, and the equipment was sold. The F-units are now the Norfolk Southern executive locomotives, and I believe that most if not all of the cars went to Kansas City. If I remember correcly, they cited STL area freight congestion, and an opportunity to sell the equipment as reasons for ceasing operations. It was a first class experience, with a great urban train ride in ex-UP dome diners, while enjoying an elegant dinner.