Railroad Forums 

• "Pan Am" MEC 505 heading west - 11/7

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#316244  by MEC407

Thanks for the heads-up, Otto!

#317492  by Skullitor

I think GRS/PanAm pulled it off in Rigby Yard as I have a report from Carl Harrison H.A.P.T. it was on POWA 11-7-06

#318430  by Skullitor

505 is as of now in Bangor,Maine in Northern Maine Junction.It came in from "THE KEAG" on MABA.

#318459  by CN9634

How come no body is getting pictures! I haven't seen the side with the globe yet :(

#318463  by SP 4449

Thanks for the photo plug CN9634. I was so amazed when I saw this train coming through. I had no idea it was even in the area, and i'd been following its progress on here.

#318469  by Skullitor

One of our guys Joey Kelley is following it.He shot a bunch of pic's.When he posts then,I'll let you know.

#318574  by cbrrfan

Black and Blue...How Fitting!

#318736  by MEC407

Here's a nice, clear shot of the "good side" of the unit:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=165083

Photo by Rod Bushway.

It's really not that bad. But the more I look at it, the more I think they need to do something with the nose. Either put the logo there, or some stripes, or something. It just looks too unfinished.

#319199  by CN9634

Maybe someone should Graffiti a "BM" on the front :-D
I'm kidding of course, I do NOT support Graffiti.

#319497  by NellsChoo

The "globe" side is a bit better... a lot better than the pop-ups that site has!!! :( Maybe that globe on the nose?

#319858  by emd_16645

Although very plain, I can see why they didn't put anything on the nose. A globe would be extremely difficult to add, due to the ladder and the door. Also, a globe would have to be squeezed under the headlight, which leaves little space. Striping would add to the nose, but would likely look out of place if they didn't extend to the sides. A stripe running from the nose along the side under "Pan Am Railways" on the engineer's side would look sharp, but it would interfere with the fireman's side.

I must say the extra spacing between the MEC and the 505 on the side of the cab looks better than on the GRS scheme.