Railroad Forums 

• Questions about CSX Conductor hiring process..

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#413931  by CSX-COAL HAULER

Cohoon-where are you wanting to hire out at?

#413994  by Cohoon

At Louisville, Corbin or Russell. I told them I would consider the coal fields in WVA also.

#414001  by CSX-COAL HAULER

My suggestion would be the CV subdivison out of Corbin---those guys make a killing and they go home everynight to their own home! :P

#414151  by Cohoon

That sounds good I'll try that. Im in Guthrie at the moment just taking photos while I wait. It seems its taking forever. :(
 #449422  by NKR 75

Hello, my name is Nate & I am new here. Last July I went to an interview for a freight conductor position for CSX for the East St.Louis,Illinois location. They were looking for 10 people to fill the vacancies. I passed the industrialized reading test & the hair/drug screen & thought I had a very good interview. I was very dissapointed to find out 2 weeks later that I got put in a pool of qualified candidates. After calling Melissa Rogers in Jacksonville,FL., I inquired about my interview. She told me that I am #7 on a list of 11. She also said that 45% of CSX's workforce is expected to retire in the next 5 years & to check back at the end of October regarding an opening. The letter they sent me stated that your name is good for a year in the pool of qualified candidates. I guess my main question is
What are my chances that I will get an offer of employment from CSX within a year?

I also have 2 more inquieries:
My interviewer(Don Roach) told me that the Pensacola,FL location will be hiring conductors in the near future. I have a home that I am trying to sell near P'cola. I have lived there for the past 9 years & recently moved to Illinois to be closer to family. I told him that if I am offered a job down there I would take it if my home doesn't sell & if I don't get hired at E.St.Louis. He told me to keep checking CSX's website for the openings & I haven't seen any yet.
My other question is:
Will I have to attend the whole interview process & the reading test again if/when I apply for the job in Pensacola?

Does anyone know anything about the 2 locations I am interested in working in? Rose Lake Terminal(E.St.Louis,Ill.) or Goulding yard(Pensacola,FL.)
It has been a dream of mine to work for the railroad ever since I was a little kid & I hope in the near future it will become a reality. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give me.
By the way, if I am not called within a year, is there a way to keep my number on the list?

#449705  by scooterz66

Chances are probably pretty good that you'll get called within a year. I interviewed back in December and went to Atlanta for training in July. So don't give up to quickly